Saturday, August 28, 2010

So those of you condemning my home state as "racist"

I'll be honest, when I first saw this story about a school system in Mississippi promoting "racial quotas' on their student govt. positions... I was dumbfounded.  ( I have one extreme liberal on Facebook in particular who has blasted Mississippi for Refusing to allow a gay student to wear a tuxedo in her senior photograph... and then this one.)

The first one I could have made an argument against.   Basically, you follow the dress code... hell, I'm sure there are some people who can't stand the dress codes where they go to school, but they _Follow_ the rules.

But this story about the racial quotas (especially, considering they'd been in place and using them for 30 years...) I had no way to explain away..

 ...Until I read the ENTIRE article.


Note this paragraph:
Her anger grew when she saw school election guidelines that allowed only whites to run for class president this year. In alternating years, the positions would be reversed so blacks could run for president and whites could hold other positions, district officials said.

Read that again...  

In alternating years, the positions would be reversed.   

Do you know what that is?  That's AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IN DIRECT USE.... 

In other words, it's been AFFIRMATIVE ACTION that this school has been enforcing... and you called it a RACIST action...  therefore by your own beliefs (from what I've seen from various commentors who have been blasting this story). Affirmative Action = Racist.


So I have a question for those of you who were referring to my state as being "back-ass-wards" because of this district's policy because we're showing our "true" colors, are you ready to stand up and refer to AFFIRMATIVE ACTION as being a RACIST POLICY? 

Cause you called the school district (and my home state) Racist, and you will notice this is your policy you're calling into question

No comments:

Post a Comment